Welcome to Class One
Year 1 Staff
Miss Pollitt - Year 1 Class Teacher
Mrs Carr- Year 1 Teaching Assistant (Every AM)
Mrs Fairhurst - Special Needs Assistant (Every PM)
(Thursday and Friday AM)
Mrs Angold - HLTA (Tuesday AM)
- PE days are Wednesdays (Bolton Council PE coach) and Thursdays.
- Reading books are changed on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. (Please see front of you child's reading log for their change day).
- It would be helpful if you read with your child at home at least three times a week.
- Spellings are sent home with homework on Fridays. They will then be tested the following Friday.
- Homework is due in every Wednesday, or before if completed.
Our Phonics and Reading schemes are as follows:-
We follow the Letters and Sounds scheme using resources from Phonics Play for teaching. Some of the games can be accessed at home to for extra practice!
We use Oxford Reading Tree, Rigby Rocket, Big Cat and Planet X for our home and guided reading schemes
This is the colour band system we follow: