Welcome to Class One
Year 1 Staff
Miss Ridgway - Class Teacher
Miss Perkins- Teaching Assistant
Mrs Angold - HLTA
Here is our Year 1 timetable.
- PE- every Wednesdays (Bolton Council PE coach) and Thursdays.
- Reading books- are changed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Please see front of you child's reading log for their change day). After reading please place a note in your child's reading log, this can be a general note to say if they enjoyed their book or if they have struggled with any words.
- It would be great if you could read with your child at home at least three times a week.
- Spellings- are sent home every Friday and will be tested the following Friday.
- Homework- sent home every Friday and due in every Wednesday, or before.
To make sure there are no missing clothes or bag please try and label your children's clothings. (If i see that there is an item of clothing left behind I will keep it in safe in the classroom ready to hand over.)
Can we make sure there is water in bottles and not juice.
When bringing in snacks these should be fresh fruit as we are a healthy school.
Class 1 lesson overviews
Our Phonics and Reading schemes:-
We follow the Letters and Sounds scheme using resources from Phonics Play for teaching. Some of the games can be accessed at home to for extra practice!
We use Oxford Reading Tree, Rigby Rocket, Big Cat and Planet X for our home and guided reading schemes
This is the colour band system we follow:
As a school we have a Twitter page where you can receive regular updates on what your child has been doing throughout the day.
Phonics screening test
Below I have attached a few example of previous Phonics screening tests. You will see that there are some real and some alien words. I have also attached a copy of phase 3 and phase 5 flashcards.