Welcome to Class 1- here you will find all the information you will need about the learning we are doing throughout the year. We will be adding photographs and information as the year progresses. Check the link to the class photograph page.
Mrs Horrobin- Year 1 class teacher
Mrs Fairhurst- Year 1 teaching assistant (AM)
Mrs Mboge- Medical needs assistant
Miss Mitchell- Apprentice (shared with Class Two
Mrs Carr- Year 1 teaching assistant (Wednesday AM)
Mrs Banks- Year 1 Special needs teaching assistant
- PE days are Wednesday (Bolton Council PE coach) and Friday.
- Reading books are changed in accordance with the day stated on your child's reading card.
- It would be helpful if you read with your child at home at least once a week.
- Spellings are sent home with homework on Friday, they will be checked on Monday.
- Homework is due in every Tuesday, or before if completed.
Sample timetable for a typical Class 1 day
9.00-9.15 Whole school assembly
2.15-3.00 PSHE or RE
3.00-3.15 Letters, story and getting ready for home.
Our Phonics and Reading schemes are as follows:-
We follow Letters and Sounds using resources from Phonics Play for teaching Phonics.
We use Oxford Reading Tree, Rigby Rocket, Big Cat and Planet X for our home and guided reading schemes.
If you have any questions regarding this, please see your child's class teacher.